personal learning network

on Monday, September 14, 2009
Google reader kind of overwhelmed me before, but I think I actually can use it now. That is excellent.


I subscribed to a couple of English teaching blogs that offer ideas about how to teach English at a secondary level. I also subscribed to two library blogs, one of which offers information specifically about new young adult literature. As an English teacher, that's something I really want to stay on top of so that I can offer suggestions to my students. I know a lot of classic literature, but I think that contemporary YA books are often excellent as well and especially useful in helping reluctant readers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Excellent! I'm glad you figured Google Reader out. I do think you'll find it useful. Could you do one more thing and post the links on your blog to the blogs you subscribed to? That way we can check them out too (I'm always looking for good resources). That's part of the assignment so if you can do that, you'll have full credit.

Awesome post, BTW, on Stumbleupon. I'll need to add that as one of the social networking choices for students because it can do a lot of the same things as Diigo and the other resources.

Post a Comment