goals for this course

on Saturday, September 5, 2009
First: a little background

I like to think I'm adequately experienced when it comes to technology. I'm fairly willing to play around with new applications or websites until I figure out how to use them. I'm good at things I use (powerpoint, word processing, iPhoto, iTunes, facebook, etc.) but there are a lot of technologies I don't really have much experience with. Although, I do remember making really bad, simple html websites with really bright solid color backgrounds and really bright too-big font when I was in elementary school. However, I haven't really done much with websites since then. (Was it just at my elementary school that everyone did that? We thought we were so cool.) I also tend to just use things personally. I fiddle around with iTunes playlists and organize and edit my pictures a little bit, but with the exception of facebook I don't really use technology to commuicate with anyone. I don't have a flickr account or a twitter. I use stumbleupon, but I don't have any friends. If you have stumbleupon you should be my friend so that I'm not so antisocial.

therefore my goals for this course are:
  • use technology to actually interact with other people
  • learn ways that I could use technology in teaching English
  • be comfortable with technologies I would use to create a class website (like voicethreads or blogging)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Rachel, stumbleupon is a great technology that can be part of the "Personal Learning Network" assignment if students want to use it, but I've never used it myself. Could you write a post (of a couple paragraphs) explaining how to use Stumbleupon and maybe link to a tutorial or something? Then I'll link to it on my blog for others who are interested.

You don't have to, so no worries if you don't want to. But that's cool you use that technology, so it'd be good to learn from you. It would of course count as your participation for the week!

Post a Comment